The Adult Day Program is an organized health and social program provided by the Centre under contract with the Vancouver Island Health Authority.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES
Please click on the following link for a complete list of Services and Activities.
Any Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant having on-going health related problems who has lived continuously in B.C. for 12 months is eligible for the Program.
How It Works
- Prospective participants are assessed by Long Term Care Case Manager
- Individuals not wishing to be assessed or who are “ineligible” because of residency requirements may attend providing they pay the Centre’s current Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) per diem privately
- Individuals wishing to participate but who live outside the "catchment area" See Note below may attend on a space available basis provided participants are able to arrange their own independent transportation
- Participants must be capable of functioning in a group setting and be non-combative
Eligible participants are covered by the Ministry of Health / VIHA except for the following:
|Hot Noon meal||$ 4.00|
|Transportation|| $ 3.50|
|Shampoo & Set|| $ 3.50|
|Bath|| $10.00 |
Bus or station-wagon transportation for those residing in the 'catchment area'. See Note below
- A staff member plus an RCA are in attendance on the bus
- Bus accommodates both wheelchair & ambulatory participants
- Bus is oxygen & phone equipped
- On pick-up & return of participants, safety checks at home include locks, stoves, pets, etc.
- An opportunity for staff / family / caregiver contact in participant’s home setting
Note: The "Catchment Area" is anywhere within the Saanich Peninsula north of Royal Oak Drive.